For the past 15 years as a financial planner I have worked with business owners, corporate clients and individuals to help craft solutions to their personal financial needs. Today I use that experience in leading a number of strategic growth initiatives for our firm including mergers & acquisitions, advisor recruitment and marketing. I believe in the strong firm infrastructure Sequoia has developed over the years including technology, technical depth and the next generation of financial advisors that will help the firm guide clients in the coming decades.
What I enjoy most is developing unique solutions that strive to create win/win solutions for all parties. I feel strongly that when you put together a team of individuals who are willing to subjugate their egos for the best interests of the client – everyone wins. I believe that in today’s market there is a shortage of talented advisors and the firm that can attract and retain the most talented advisors will ultimately provide the best service to their clients. I am proud and humbled to be able to serve Sequoia in leading these areas of growth for our firm.
Check the background of this investment professional on FINRA’s BrokerCheck.
*Kevin Tichnell is a registered representative who offers securities through ValMark Securities, Inc., Member FINRA, SIPC. 130 Springside Dr. #300, Akron, OH 44333, 330-576-1234. Certain insurance products offered though Sequoia Financial Insurance Agency, LLC. Sequoia Financial Advisors, LLC and related entities are separate entities from ValMark Securities, Inc.
Professional Accreditations & Education
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™
- Maintains the Series 7 and 66 registrations through ValMark Securities, Inc., a FINRA-registered Broker/Dealer
- University of Baltimore, Masters of Finance (M.S.F.)
- West Virginia Wesleyan College, B.S. in business marketing and economics
- Involved with Young Life of Western Reserve, Good Stewards Foundation and YMCA Indian Princesses
- President, Emerging Leaders Board of Akron Children's Hospital
- Interested in politics and enjoys sports, entertaining family and friends, and spending time in the great outdoors
- Originally from Maryland; now lives in Stow, Ohio with his wife and two daughters
- Joined Sequoia in 2003