As Chief Financial Officer, I am responsible for leading the Finance team in executing on all of our accounting, budgeting, and financial analysis needs, as well as maintaining relationships with our external banking and capital partners. I also lead Merger & Acquisition initiatives, overseeing sourcing and deal structuring as our firm continues to grow.
With more than two decades of experience in the Financial Services industry, I’ve gained practical knowledge by serving in multiple roles. I use that experience in leading a number of strategic growth initiatives for our firm. I believe in the strong firm infrastructure Sequoia has developed over the years including technology, technical depth and the next generation of financial advisors that will help the firm guide clients in the coming decades.
What I enjoy most is developing unique solutions that strive to create win/win solutions for all parties. I feel strongly that when someone assembles a team of individuals who are willing to put aside their egos for the best interests of the client – everyone wins. I believe that in today’s market there is a shortage of talented advisors and the firm that can attract and retain the strongest team will ultimately provide the best service to their clients. I am proud and humbled to be able to serve Sequoia in leading these areas of growth for our firm.
Check the background of this investment professional on FINRA’s BrokerCheck.
*Kevin Tichnell is a registered representative who offers securities through ValMark Securities, Inc., Member FINRA, SIPC. 130 Springside Dr. #300, Akron, OH 44333, 330-576-1234. Certain insurance products offered though Sequoia Financial Insurance Agency, LLC. Sequoia Financial Advisors, LLC and related entities are separate entities from ValMark Securities, Inc.
Professional Accreditations & Education
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™
- Maintains the Series 7 and 66 registrations through ValMark Securities, Inc., a FINRA-registered Broker/Dealer
- University of Baltimore, Masters of Finance (M.S.F.)
- West Virginia Wesleyan College, B.S. in business marketing and economics
- Involved with Young Life of Western Reserve, Akron Children's Hospital, and Redemption Chapel
- Past President, Emerging Leaders Board of Akron Children's Hospital
- Vice President, Stow Schools Foundation Board of Trustees
- Lives in Stow, Ohio with his wife and three children
- Enjoys spending time outdoors, watching his children play sports and relaxing with family and friends.
- Joined Sequoia in 2003