Meet the team
President & CEO
Contact Tom Now
As President, CEO and Founder of Sequoia, my goal from the very beginning has been to structure our firm in a way that allows a unique team-based approach to financial planning services and client relationships. I firmly believe that building a team of talented professionals helps to ensure that we provide the best comprehensive wealth management services to our clients.
My daily responsibilities are divided between directing the firm, including participating on its investment committee to establish the firm’s investment policies and strategies, and providing comprehensive financial planning for individuals and highly successful entrepreneurs. I have been fortunate for the past 25 years to have advised business owners on strategic growth planning for their ventures and to have assisted individuals with their retirement, investment, estate planning and family office needs. I truly enjoy the challenge of helping multi-generational family businesses and entrepreneurs sort out and plan for the most complex situations.
CFP Board owns the marks CFP® in the U.S.
CFP Board owns the marks CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ in the U.S.
Accreditation & Education
CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER (CFP®)
Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC®)
Series 65-NASAA Investment Advisors Law Exam – September 1995
Acquired the Series 7, 24, 53, and 63 registrations (inactive)
Kent State University, B.S. in business administration
- Founded Sequoia Financial Group, LLC in 1991
Member, CFP® Advisory Board and Finance Advisory Board for The University of Akron
- Earned the Dalbar Financial Professional Seal, a national award that recognizes financial professionals who have achieved overall excellence in the areas of trust, financial results, quality of advice and satisfaction
- Recognized as one of Crain’s Cleveland Business’ “40 under 40”
- Has served as financial planning professor at university level
- Has served and is serving on various charitable boards and committees, including Akron Regional Foodbank, Breakthrough Schools, YMCA Endowment Board of Trustees, Spinal Cord Society, Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, and American Association Heart Walk
- Currently on the board for Buckeye Corrugated and Crowne Group
- Avid skier and enjoys spending time with family and friends
- Lives in Bath, Ohio, with his wife and three boys
contact your financial planning specialist
President & CEO