As a financial planner, I value the opportunity to help people as they work to reach their financial goals and navigate the challenges they face along the way. In particular, I provide comprehensive planning for individuals and small businesses in the areas of retirement planning, investment management, insurance strategies, asset allocation, and estate and succession planning.
One of my passions is helping my business owner clients plan for the transition from their current venture into the next phase of their lives. My background as a CPA allows me to make those transitions as seamless as possible. Additionally, my previous experience in the “big” firms has given me a great perspective to pass onto clients. In turn, my clients have given me their trust and confidence, which is something I appreciates each and every day.
From a management perspective, I am a part of Sequoia’s executive team and serve as Chief Compliance Officer. I help manage the firm in various ways. I also participate on the firm’s investment committee which reviews investment performance and strategies for the firm, and I actively mentors other Sequoia professionals.
Professional Accreditations & Education
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Personal Financial Specialist (PFS)
- Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA)
- Aquired the Series 7, 24 and 63 registrations (inactive)
- Miami University, B.S. in accountancy
- Member, Ohio Society of CPAs
- Member, American Institute of CPAs
- Member, Financial Planning Association
- Member, KPMG Asset Management Tax Peer Exchange Group
- Has been a featured speaker at the Plain Dealer’s Money Watch programs
- Previously worked for KPMG, an international public accounting firm; and IMG, an international sports and executive management firm
- Coaches youth football and basketball
- Volunteers for Assumption Academy and Assumption Church, American Red Cross, American Cancer Society and United Way
- Lives in Richfield, Ohio with his wife, their three sons and their daughter
- Joined Sequoia in 2000 and is a part owner of the firm