As Executive Vice President, my charge at Sequoia is to use the years of experience I’ve obtained in large, national firms to help lead Sequoia in continuing to be the financial services firm of choice for our clients. My background puts me in a position to understand the challenges our corporate and individual clients face, while delivering the comprehensive financial services they need and expect. I also participate on Sequoia’s investment committee to review investment performance and strategies for the firm.
My primary focus is to lead our Institutional Services Division, overseeing service and support to our corporate retirement plans. To assist in solving many of the challenges business leaders face when providing a retirement plan, I sponsored the development of The Prudent Expert System®, which addresses delivering fiduciary simplicity and participant solutions. This proprietary process assists plan sponsors in properly operating their plan as mandated by the Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974 (ERISA) and the Department of Labor.
In addition, I understand the importance in supporting the individual beyond the corporate relationship. I spend time getting to know the person and only then, after understanding their financial goals and objectives, will I develop and implement the appropriate strategy to help them achieve those goals and objectives.
Professional Accreditations & Education
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Qualified 401(k) Administrator (QKA)
- Acquired the Series 7, 24 and 66 registrations (inactive)
- The University of Akron, B.S. in accounting
- Presented at Charles Schwab Retirement Services National Conference, Fiserv National Conference and PowerShares University
- Published in ASPPA Advisor Update, PLANSPONSOR Magazine and InvestmentNews
- Lives in Copley Township, Ohio with his wife and their three children
- Joined Sequoia in 2010