Sequoia extends its service philosophy beyond the walls of the firm to provide our communities with as much care and support as we offer our clients.
In appreciation of our own success, we strive to help others around us succeed via sponsoring, donating to, and volunteering for local causes.
We support organizations to which we feel we can make the most impact, such as serving on the board of the Breakthrough Schools; annually adopting families in need for the holidays; and preparing and serving meals at American Red Cross shelters. We also actively partner with our local food banks, which touch the lives of many in our region. One of our flagship projects included making a significant challenge gift to the Akron-Canton Regional Foodbank. The project was so successful it became a best practice for other food banks around the country.
We encourage our employees to support charitable, civic, business, and professional organizations that have touched their lives. Below is a list of some of the organizations we have assisted in various ways over the years:
- Akron Bar Association
- Akron-Canton Regional Foodbank
- Akron Children’s Hospital
- Alzheimer’s Association
- American Heart Association
- American Red Cross of Summit and Portage Counties
- Breakthrough Schools
- Cleveland Food Bank
- Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease (CJD) Foundation
- Greater Akron Chamber
- Habitat for Humanity
- Hebrew Academy of Cleveland
- Kylie Jane Long Foundation
- St. Martin de Porres
- Summit County Battered Women’s Shelter
- The University of Akron
- United Way of Summit County
- Vocational Guidance Services